If you struggle to open yourself up to love then you could be suffering from a blocked heart chakra. Left this way, you will continue to experience satisfaction in your love life and the relationship you have with yourself.
I have personally found that heart chakra affirmations are a powerful way to target blocks like this and move into a space of love and compassion. Keep reading to learn some of my favourite heart mantras and how you can use these to open your heart space!
What is the heart chakra?
The heart chakra is one of your seven primary energy centres. It helps to regulate your energy flow throughout the body, which is often referred to as prana.
Your heart chakra is located at the centre of your chest (around your heart space) and is associated with love and relationships. When it’s in balance you should feel harmonious and love should flow freely within you.
Sometimes our chakras can get blocked due to our life experiences. The heart chakra may become blocked due to negative love experiences and unhealthy relationships, among other things.
Symptoms of heart chakra blockage
When your heart chakra is out of balance you may experience symptoms such as:
- Feeling lonely
- Being socially anxious or shy
- Being self critical and judgmental of others
- Holding grudges
- Feeling unable to give or receive openly and freely
- Lacking trust in others
- Being fearful of relationships
How to unblock your heart chakra using affirmations
Thankfully, we can take steps to unblock our chakras when we’re suffering from imbalances. One of my favourite ways to unblock the heart chakra is by using heart chakra affirmations.
To heal your heart chakra, you can repeat heart chakra mantras out loud or in your headspace daily and during meditation. You may also choose to write down your affirmations to send powerful vibrations out to the universe using the law of attraction.
Below are some of my favourite heart chakra affirmations for opening up your heart space!
Heart chakra affirmations for opening up your heart space
- My heart space radiates powerful green light
- I am worthy of the purest love
- I direct love and light towards myself
- I live in harmony with all other beings
- I release and let go of all resentment
- I forgive myself for my mistakes and I grow from them
- There is an infinite supply of love
- I am fully open to giving and receiving love
- I love myself unconditionally
- My heart is open
- Love is my guiding truth and I follow it
- I choose love every single day
- I am united with all beings
- My heart is free from past hurt
- It is safe for me to love and be loved
- I am grateful for all of my blessings
- I create loving and supportive relationships
- I choose to see myself and others in a compassionate light
- My heart is filled with joy and gratitude
- I deeply, and completely, love and accept myself
Let me know your favourite heart chakra mantra in the comments!
Don’t forget to pin this post!
Esther Cundall is a psychology graduate and certified yoga teacher. She is the founder of the blog Hopeful Lotus, which guides readers to grow to their fullest potential using spiritual and personal growth practices. By sharing her own journey, she helps others find their own hope and heal from within.